Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Lovely Pesto Mushroom Pasta from Michael! He was one of my CORE leaders at SMM, now he's in VA doing air traffic controlling! Michael says to use the brands listed as it will taste bettah!
What you need:
2 boxes of wheat spaghetti noodles approx 13oz each box
1 jar 16oz of Alfredo sauce
1 jar 8oz of Bertolli pesto sauce. (they only sell 1 size)
two to three big portabello mushrooms chopped (be very picky)
1 medium size onion
Light cooking oil (to cover the bottom of the pan)
Balsamic vinegar (do not use regular vinegar, only balsamic)
mozzarella cheese (how ever much you desire.)
optional: crushed walnuts.
1 large pot
1 large sauce pan
what to do:
1. Boil 1 1/2 boxes of noodles.
2. Slice the onion into bit size pieces and place on low heat with the cooking oil.
Add a few small pinches of sugar to help caramelize the onion pieces. Flip the onion pieces until the onion is translucent (caramelized.) Then place in a bowl on the side.
3. Using same pan, cook the portabellos in a little oil with a slightly higher heat. When they shrink and before they shrivel, add the onions and a generous splash of the balsamic vinegar. Add the full jar of Alfredo and pesto.
4. Mix carefully (it should be a full pan.) Hopefully, by now the pasta is ready and you can add the sauce to the whole pot of spaghetti.
5. Mix until every noodle is lightly covered. any extra sauce, if any, should be allowed to settle to the bottom of the pot. Serve.
The mozzarella cheese is sprinkled on top of the individual serving. The optional crushed walnuts are also added at this point. Goes great with a Caeser salad, garlic bread, and red wine.
This will serve 6 very well or 8 at moderate portions
written by Deepa at 12/24/2008 03:21:00 PM