Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Monastery Staples

Amazing things pop up when one's on vacation. I am about to begin my third day of vacation. I've already washed and folded all my laundry; unpacked all of my bags; and just now organized my closet and dresser.

Last year I did all this plus organized our pantry and kitchen cabinets. Along with rearranging my room. Its amazing what you can accomplish when you have oodles of free time on your hands. So, I've decided I probably will go stir crazy by the middle of next week. Someone invite me over, please. Just fill up my days so I don't rearrange mom's vegetable garden.

So, what popped up in my cleaning: a monastery staples list. This list I made when I was in the monastery as a postulant. Its' a list of what the nuns use on a weekly basis. They are COMPLETELY dependent upon the Generosity of others. And, I am completely aware (by the way of my stats) that a lot of my readers read their blog: MonialesOP.

So, since I'm down on funds, and can't send a care package at the moment, I thought I'd try to drum up some benefactors for them. The economy is in the pits, but our professional prayer warriors still need to survive.

I'm pretty sure they probably still get their groceries from Shop Rite.
And, so, here's the list:

Laundry
Bounce dryer sheets
Clorox 2 Liquid
Ajax and Tide Liquid
Downey Softener
Tide-To-Go pens

Pantry
Heavy Duty foil
Plastic Wrap
Zip-Lock bags -> all sizes
30 gallon bags, heavy duty
Waste basket bags
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Dish detergent -- ex. Palmolive
Shampoo
Conditioner
Deodorant
Windex
All-purpose cleaners
AA Batteries
AAA Batteries

Medicine Cabinet
Neosporin
Band-Aids
Q-tips
Tampons
Always Ultra-thin with wings
Cough medicine (DM and CF)
Cough Drops
DayQuil
Delsym
Mucinex
Benadryl
Tylenol
Advil
Women's Multi-vitamin

Non-Perishable Food
Pasta - all shapes
Rice - white or brown
Beans - all kinds
Peanut Butter
Jelly or Jam
Sugar
Salad Dressing
Cereal - hot or cold
Vanilla Ensure
Tuna
Olives
Canned Fruit
Canned Vegetables
Applesauce
Hot Cocoa mix
Honey
Nuts
Chocolate chips
Cake mixes
Oil - ex. Canola, Vegetable, Olive
Confectioner's Sugar
Flavor Extracts
Food Coloring


Frozen Foods
Hot Dogs
Ground Beef
Pork Chops
Frozen Vegetables
Frozen Fruit

Perishable Food Items
Fresh fruit
Sliced Bread
Cottage Cheese
Whole Milk
Skim Milk
Butter
Orange Juice
Romaine Lettuce
Eggs
Lactaid
Deli Meat
Cheese - all kinds
Yogurt