Saturday, March 27, 2010

books from the shrine

While visiting VA, I was privileged enough to spend time with friends in DC. And, on Wednesday, I went to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Yes, by myself, I toured.

The day was gorgeous - sunny and warm!

And, as we all know, I am a Dominican at heart - I study to Love and Love to study!

The Shrine has a fantastic bookstore - all material is TRULY Catholic, so double plus!

Here are the books I picked up: (all links are for Amazon.com if you can't get out there locally)


To Save A Thousand Souls: A Guide for Discerning a Vocation to Diocesan Priesthood - Fr. Brett A Brannen

The Restless Flame: A Novel about Saint Augustine - Louis de Wohl

Five Loaves and Two Fish - Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

Hungry Souls: Supernatural Visits, Messages, and Warnings from Purgatory - Gerard JM Van Den Aardweg

The King, Crucified and Risen: Meditations on the Passion and Glory of Christ - Benedict Groeschel, CFR