Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let me be me

Some people don't really understand what I mean when I go on vacation.
So, I'm going to try and explain myself.

I go go go all day long pretty much every day. In my ministry I am around other people ALL the time. Thinking of their needs over mine pretty much 95% of the time.

So, when I go on vacation or take time off, I do things for me. And, I rest. I rest in Him.
I lounge around. I sleep without any alarms. I kick it with the computer and play FarmVille.

My idea of fun on vacation is peace and quiet. Sometimes that means staring at a blank wall. Because. I. Can.

I get to do all the 'fun stuff' that people do on vacation, but I do those things with my teens. When, I'm off, I just want silence.

People just don't get it. And, that's fine. But, please, just let me be me.

No comments: