Thursday, June 16, 2011

LT Convention 2011

Last year, I posted all of the quotes from 2010 Life Teen Training Convention, and I just returned yesterday from 2011 LTTC.  600 youth ministers, CORE, and priests gathered for 4 days to learn, grow, and be fed.  We left on a mission - to serve our young Church - to lead teens into sacramental lives with Christ.


Life Teen is a movement of the Holy Spirit.


Are we doing or being?


What is your prayer life like?


Prayer is the only thing that keeps us going.


Sincere Love is without wax.


Participate, don't anticipate.


You don't plan conversion; you bump into God.


Do you put a price on the value of a person?  of a retreat?


All of our sufferings are kisses from Christ and lead us back to Him.  Attach them to the cross.


Acts 14:22


The depth of my faith is in direct proportion to the depth of my ministry.


What does God want from me?


God doesn't expect more than I have; He just wants me, my surrender.


Can I allow the Holy Spirit to work in me?


Get out of the way and let the Holy Spirit work.


Grow in honesty and vulnerability.


Isaiah 30:21


Is Twilight an escape from the real LOVE found in God?


Fun gets teens there; but it doesn't keep them there.


Historical Christianity = Catholicism


It's not the impact I am making, but the impact the Church is making.


Relationship. Relationship. Relationship.


God's got His thumb on him/her.


Piercing the Culture of Death with a Joyful Evangelization


Become store owners rather than just putting in the hours.



Remember their cross is twice as heavy as yours is.


Mother Teresa is so cute, I want to wear her as a necklace.


Don't think I am a sinner, know I am a sinner.


Daily Mass: food of the saints.


When your life is falling apart, who do you turn to?


Prayer is the support of missionaries.


Where is the measure of your success?  In the world or in heaven?


You cannot do anything without a deep prayer life.


Txt LT to 20222 and $10 will be donated to Life Teen.  Give back to those who formed you.


We are on God's mission, not our own mission.





No comments: