Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fr. Chris and XLT

Amazing Life Night!
The week after a retreat, we usually do something low-key such as a movie or game night, so as to give our CORE a break.  But, because the Girls retreat and Guys retreat weekend fell this year in November, we couldn't because it would mean three straight weeks of social nights.

So, I decided to do an XLT Life Night.  It still meant the CORE didn't have to plan, but I needed to find a speaker.

So, I contacted my newly ordained friend, Fr. Chris Ortega.  He said yes.  He got faculties to come to the diocese, as he's a priest in the Savannah diocese, and I'm in the Atlanta Archdiocese.


Fr. Chris was actually able to say Mass for Life Teen at our parish.  And, I was able to cross "hear Fr Chris say Mass" off my bucket list! 

The parish and the teens loved him!  Score!

It's just so amazing to have an honest, authentic, dynamic, and holy priest who's young to boot be around teenagers who love God or want to get to know Him!

Thank You, Jesus, for allowing this opportunity to happen!  I am so very grateful!

No comments: