Monday, April 9, 2012

Snowball, Long-term Rental, and Insurance

Lent seemed like it passed me by.  It was so fast.  And for being my favorite season, next to Easter, it did go by quick.

Or maybe its because I basically realized I have about 10 weeks left.  Aiy. :)

So, there's a bunch of odds and ends to tie up before leaving.

I need to sell a bunch of techie things, including my car.
But, this also presents a bit of a problem.

I decided a long time ago that I was going to drive myself up to NJ.  See some friends one last time.  I booked a car rental through Kayak.com.  Who, I must say, is the best deal overall!  I got a mid-size car for a week for $384 with taxes.  And, this is one-way!  Other companies wanted to charge me over $1100 to take it from GA to NJ.

So, what if I get a buyer for my precious Snowball before June 8th?  What am I supposed to drive til then? 

The good news is that my current insurance company will still cover me, under a non-owner policy.

I wonder if anyone has an extra car lying around that I can drive during this interim, instead of trying to raise the selling price to cover a long-term rental.

If you know of such a car, let me know.  I'd need through June 8th b/c that's when I pick up my rental car to drive to NJ.

Things are rolling along otherwise.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  And, God is in control. :)

No comments: