Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ephesians 6:10

I am currently on retreat at Covecrest with other Youth Ministers from Atlanta. The camp has WiFi...so I am able to put my thoughts down.

This blog has become a sort of journal for me. Not so much one of sharing deep personal thoughts, but one of just sharing insights.

During our holy hour, I was led the Holy Spirit to read:

It is he whom we proclaim, admonishing everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. For this I labor and struggle, in accord with the exercise of his power working within me. ~~ Colossians 1:28-29.


How great is the Word, and how He speaks to us.

I labor and I struggle within youth ministry. I want to have each of my teens experience Christ, fall madly in love with Him, and allow Jesus to transform their lives. And, I want this to happen to each and every one of them every time they're at Mass and/or Life Teen. And, how shallow that is. Jesus works in His own time. And, for each one of us, His plan is different and unique. For some it might just be in high school. For others, after, or even way on down the road. And, definitely for all of us, conversion is a life long journey, not just one occurrence.

It really does not matter if I see fruits. I am just a laborer in His vineyard. I till the soil. Jesus waters. Jesus is the nutrients. Jesus is the Son. Jesus is the one who goes and talks to each vine encouraging them. He does all the work. I am just one of the many tools he uses.

My job/calling/vocation on earth, right now is to be His daughter. To be in relationship with Him. And, if I struggle, if I have challenges or difficulties, I draw from the strength of the Lord and His power (Ephesians 6:10). All that matters is that I rejoice in the path He has me on right now. The path that is leading me back to Him.

No comments: