Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Breath of Heaven

Today was a day created by God.

I had planned on going over to a friend's house to exchange gifts. And, before I left the house, I was in daily prayer. I got a new book "Signs of Life" by Scott Hahn. I was reading and then contemplating the chapter about The Sign of Cross. I really prayed that simple and most profound prayer.

Then, my phone rang; it was an unfamiliar number. I almost always screen my calls. I did for this one. Then the ring tone for a message. I listened to it on the way down the stairs. It was a message from one of my mom's co-workers. Oh My Gosh. "Jesus, you are my Rock."

My mom works at a children's hospital. Her co-workers are pretty much her best friends. They immediately went into action - checked her bp, and it was high. They started asking all sorts of questions. My mom was diagnosed with vertigo a few years ago. And, today, when she started feeling dizzy, she was making her way to her purse for her pills. Well, she didn't make it. The room started spinning and her co-workers called an ambulance.

She was taken to the hospital that is LITERALLY across the street. After many tests and 6 hours, she was told the vertigo she experienced was due to an inner ear infection. She left with a bill of good health and a letter stating she can go back to work.

During this event today, she was covered in prayer. I txt my prayer warriors with updates. And they txt those in the different social circles I flit about in. All in all, I believe over 100 people were interceding for her.

Plus, it brought us all together - family and friends. I also learned something new about myself - I can stay calm in a family crisis. As Long As I Trust Completely In God! As long as I place myself and loved one in God's care. As long as I lift up my needs/wants to God in prayer.

Jesus is utterly amazing! My life now is nothing like I ever imagined it would be. And, its ALL because of the Glory of God. The mystery of it all. Ahh! I love Jesus, and am so content with the fact that I have the priviledge of knowing HIM - our Lord and Savior and Breath of Heaven.