Friday, December 11, 2009

St John of the Cross

I have been in a funk. a 18-month funk. I've reached the bottom. the glass is cracked in many different places and held together by post-it notes...yeah, its mucky over here.

I've missed hanging out with Him. I've missed our chats. I've missed Him. I've been selfish. I've been childish. I've thrown hissy-fits. I've just been a dork.

Today, though after constant calling and sweet nothings whispered in my ear, I finally sat down and said 'I'm sorry.' I sat and said, 'I'm here. I don't know what to say. But, I'm here.' We sat and I listened. I listened to LOVE speak. I absorbed. A smile finally cracked on my face.

And, I left singing, 'I wanna hold your hand. I wanna hold your hand.'

I opened the door again, and He's back in my life!

He NEVER gives up. NEVER stops pursuing us. NEVER goes away. He is the light in my darkness.