Monday, May 21, 2012

Where You Are, Lord I Am Free

I'm getting closer.  Thanks to the generosity of so many people!  My heart is overwhelmed with JOY.  It is bursting!  I have about $6K overall, but that amount includes me selling Snowball, my minivan.  So, only about $2800 left to pay off.  yay! :)

Not only did we celebrate Ascension on Sunday, but we had our annual Baccalaureate Mass.  I managed to hold it together, just barely.  You see, this year's graduating class, are the teens I started with.  I've known them since they were Freshmen!!! 
And, through God's grace, I held on and assured them of my prayers, and told them how much I loved them.  And, my favorite memories are from retreats during Adoration, when they surrendered all to Him.  
It was during these four years, and these teens that brought me back to Summit. 

I have so many memories with them!  To stop time, I created a video.  I took all of their "STLT Family yearbook photos" and allowed them to "grow" right before your eyes.  And, since their beginning is ending and so is mine, I included my own photos as well.  It'll make more sense as you watch it.

I am so lucky and privileged to have been their youth minister.  God brings us to places we never thought we'd go.  And, His way is so much better than anything we could plan on our own.




On Friday, I realized I only have about 3 weeks left before returning to Summit.  The daydreaming has become much more intense.  I've moved from imagining myself cleaning choir to "finding" myself in the kitchen or laundry to being out in the garden admiring the flowers.  

Jesus has blessed me over and over again.  And, I feel so unworthy of this grace.  

Let it be done unto me according to Thy Word, O God.

No comments: